A PIAA Comprehensive Physical is Mandatory for participation in OLSH Athletics. It is important to obtain the necessary forms in advance.
Forms are available :
- From a Coach
- From the OLSH Main Office (412) 264-5140
- Downloading through the links below
OLSH Athletics Health Forms:
- Sports Physical Packet 2017-2018 (605.11 KB)
To download the Sports Physical Packet click above.
- Section 7 – To Re-Certify Student Athlete for Additional Seasons 2017-2018 (195.87 KB)
To download Section 7 click above.
- Section 8 – Re-Certification from Injury Form 2017-2018 (155.61 KB)
To download Section 8 click above.
- Physician Referral for Athletic Training Services (232.51 KB)
To download the Physician Referral for Athletic Training Services form click above.
- Sports Related Injury or Accident Report (206.95 KB)
To download the Sports Related Injury or Accident Report form click above.
When you go to the doctor for your Sports Physical, keep all the pages together as the doctor HAS to see your health history. The doctor will NOT sign off on your physical if ALL the pages are not present at the time of the physical.
STUDENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO PRACTICE OR PLAY WITHOUT A PHYSICAL AND CURRENT HEALTH INSURANCE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Physicals for the Fall Season MUST be completed AFTER June 1, 2017 but BEFORE August 14, 2017. (Football players must have a completed packet on file by August 7, 2017.)
The PIAA is allowing a “comprehensive” physical” which will be good for the ENTIRE school year. However, if the student-athlete suffers an illness or injury, is absent for more than 10 days, or requires surgery, a re-certification is required for each subsequent sports season.
The doctors will fulfill the requirements for this physical. Physicals will be repeated in the winter and spring for “re-certification” or if students do not have a physical on file from the fall season. According to WPIAL rules, student-athletes MUST have a physical completed by a physician.